Thursday, September 1, 2011

RECIPE: Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Stir-Fry

Okay, so it's not technically stir-fry, but it tastes just as good without all the stirring and frying.

You'll need:

  • a big old hunk of pork
  • 1 bag of steam-in-bag asian veggie mix
  • 1/2 can of mandarin oranges*
  • 1/3 c. brown sugar
  • 1/3 c. cider vinegar
  • 1/4 c. soy sauce
  • 1 T. minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon
  • 1/4 t. ginger

Throw everything but the veggies in the crock pot and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. A few minutes before you're ready to eat, cook the veggies in the microwave and dump them in. You can also dump them in frozen at the very beginning, but they stay a little crisper this way. At least that's what I tell myself; it's not like I ever tried it the other way.

* I assume you could just peel a regular orange, but who wants to? Oranges are one of my favorite fruits and I almost never eat them because they're so freakin' hard to get into.

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe. I'm sure that I will like this because I love vegetables. Thanks for posting this recipe on this blog. I will now try to cook it.

    stir fry recipe sauce

    ReplyDelete