Thursday, September 8, 2011

RECIPE: Bruschetta-Stuffed Mushrooms

I struggle with side dishes. My side-dish staple tends to be décongelés légumes congelés, which -- as you'll see if you check Google Translate -- is a very complicated and exciting dish*. 

Some days I shake it up by dipping frozen cauliflower in barbeque sauce, but suffice to say that's not going to win me any culinary awards. But yesterday -- after a mere 10 years of serving bland veggies! -- it occurred to me that I can break out of the rut with stuffed mushrooms, which basically require two minutes of effort and taste like a yummy meal on their own. 




YOU'LL NEED:
  • some mushrooms, preferably at least 1-1/2" diameter
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 3/4 cup bruschetta sauce (I used Trader Joe's)
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano
  • 1 T. garlic

Twist the 'shroom stems to break them off and arrange them in an oven-safe dish. (I put a little bit of olive oil in the dish first.) Mix the other ingredients and scoop it into the mushroom caps. Cook at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. That's it!


* Assuming Google translated correctly. Je ne parle pas français.

No comments:

Post a Comment