Thursday, March 4, 2010

RECIPE: Slow Cooker Piña Pork Quesadillas

I'll put pineapple in just about anything. It drives my husband crazy. Doesn't he know that eating pineapple is like taking your taste buds on a tropical vacation? (Dole, send me freebies. NOW.) I think it's the perfect addition to chicken, ham, rice, ribs, ice cream, cake, and pretty much every other food except maybe an Angus burger. (Won't knock it 'til I've tried it, though.)

So, I made these pineapple pork quesadillas for my in-laws over the weekend. And even my hubby had to admit they were the bomb. Welcome to Team Pineapple, babe!

The recipe:
  • 1-2 lb. pork loin
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup organic ketchup
  • 1 cup Newman's Own pineapple salsa
  • 2 T. A1 steak sauce
  • 2 T. Jack Daniels
  • 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. I flipped the pork loin halfway through to make sure it was cooking evenly and juicy all the way through. About 20 minutes before serving, shred the pork and return it to the sauce to let the juicy goodness sink in. Scoop into quesadillas -- I like using Mexamerica's ginormous burrito shells, and I heat them in our beloved cast iron skillet until they're just slightly golden. Dip in guac or more salsa. Or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment