Monday, February 8, 2010

RECIPE: Slow Cooker Chocolate Hot Mess

I got snowed in this weekend, so I decided to convert my boredom into a sugar rush. Pretty sure I gained two pounds in the process, but whatevs. I'm just stoked because I got to use the cocoa powder I accidentally bought in Holland, thinking it was hot chocolate. Oops.



This recipe is a two-parter, so put your domestic hat on...

IN A POT:
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
2 T. cocoa powder
....and bring it to a boil.

IN A BOWL:
1 box of brownie mix (I like the fudgy kind)
2 eggs
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup applesauce (this makes it healthy...right?)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
....and pour the batter into a greased slow cooker.

Dump the boiling sugar-goo over the batter, but don't mix it in. Cook the whole thing on HIGH for about two hours, but check it periodically so it doesn't overcook. Same way you'd check brownies -- stick a toothpick in it and see if it comes up clean. Really, this is just a hybrid of molten lava cake and fudge brownies. It ain't pretty, but if you serve it hot with ice cream, it's perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment