Monday, March 8, 2010

RECIPE: Bad Day Comfort Food Beef

I'm not saying yesterday was a bad day. It was actually an awesome day -- brunch with friends, a three-mile walk, and some Oscar dress-bashing. (Loved Cameron, hated Charlize.) And to top it off, I concocted a delicious pot roast recipe which I'm totally whipping out the next time I do have a craptacular day. I LOVE COMFORT FOOD.

Doesn't this just make you feel warm and fuzzy?


  • 2-3 lb. beef roast
  • 1 can of beef broth
  • 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of whole peeled potatoes, diced
  • 10 baby carrots, chopped
  • 1 package of dry onion soup mix
Brown the roast on all sides (I used a cast iron skillet on high heat; only took a minute or two). Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. The juices from the meat will mix with the other stuff and make a killer gravy, so I recommend having some mashed potatoes or biscuits at the ready. You can always add extra carrots or potatoes. I might try substituting canned FO soup for the dry mix next time, just to have more gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment