Thursday, March 10, 2011

RECIPE: Italian-ish Turkey-Stuffed Squash

My hubby is on a diet, so I've been dragged into his little low-carb hell. (I'm a pasta addict. This is torture.) On the bright side, it's forced me to come up with some creative, healthy dinner recipes. I'm not posting any of them unless I can honestly say "I didn't miss the carbs." This one qualifies -- it was delicious.


  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 yellow squash (cut in half, lengthwise)
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 2 T. minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 T. parsley
  • balsamic vinegar
THE SQUASH: Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the insides, put them in a bowl, and set it aside. Put the squash "boats" in a dish, cover them with 1/2 cup water, and cook them in the microwave for three minutes. Drain the water.

THE STUFFING: Mix the squash innards with the uncooked turkey, chopped pepper, garlic, black pepper, and parsley. Mash it up like you're making a meatloaf. Cook it all in some olive oil.

THE FINAL PREP: Drizzle balsamic vinegar into the squash boats. Fill them with the meat mixture. Eat. Feel virtuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment