Tuesday, August 23, 2011

RECIPE: Slow Cooker Pulled Porkgasm

There aren't many sandwiches as tasty as pulled pork, and I think I've officially perfected my pulled pork recipe. I could seriously eat this every meal for the next year. Remind me of that resolution when I weight 300 pounds.

  • a big hunk o' boneless pork loin
  • 1/2 cup ketchup (I like Hunt's all-natural)
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar (don't pack it)
  • 3 T. McCormick mesquite seasoning
  • 2 T. Tabasco Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 t. ground mustard
Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Flip the pork loin halfway through, if you happen to be near the slow cooker. If not, no worries -- I'm not sure this actually does anything except make me feel like I'm Doing Important Things like tending to dinner. About 20 minutes before you're ready to eat, turn off the heat and shred the pork so it can soak up the tasty sauce better. I served it on Grands flaky biscuits -- maybe not the healthiest choice, but delicious and totes recommended.

4 comments:

  1. Why organic ketchup? Is there something different about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar instead of HFCS. I think it makes it tastier. G thinks it's all in my head. Whichevs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm sounds delicious, especially the biscuits part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm telling you....the biscuits make it! Sweet buttery goodness!

    ReplyDelete