Friday, December 30, 2011

I'm a book hoarder.

I freelance from home with two toddlers underfoot, which doesn't leave a ton of time for reading. But I love reading. And as much as I love reading -- maybe even more -- I love buying books. When I was little, my dad used to take me on a weekly pilgrimage to Waldenbooks where I'd drop $3 on the latest Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High, or Sleepover Friends book. That obsession hasn't slowed down, and it doesn't help that I have a book swap about a mile from my house where I can get just about anything for under five bucks. The result: I have over 100 books I haven't read. Seriously. I wish I were exaggerating, but I'm not. And I wish I could read them all at once, but I can't.


So I decided to start picking through them slowly. Actually I decided to do a "52 Project" and read a book a week, but hahahahaha do you remember when I said I had two toddlers? So, yeah, I'm just going to read when I get the chance and hope for the best. Check the "reading" tab whenever you need book recommendations, although I'm hardly objective -- for example, I deduct one bajillion points if a child or dog dies in the book. (Boooo, The Imperfectionists! Boo!) And feel free to leave your own review in the comments, because I love talking nerdy about books.

And I'm going to try to avoid buying any more books in the meantime.

I'm ready. Bossypants is ready. Here we go.

1 comment:

  1. Love that photo, Kara! Can't wait to read all your recommendations, I need them!

    ReplyDelete