Wednesday, January 13, 2010

RECIPE: Biere Dip

There are few foods in the world I love more than French dip. Seriously. If you put Russian caviar next to a poorly-made French dip, I'd still pick the dip -- no question. So it was high priority for me to come up with a solid French dip recipe. And here it is.
  • 1 1/2 pounds of chuck roast, cubed
  • 12 oz of beer (I used Leinenkugel, but I bet an amber or a stout would be even better...)
  • 1 can of beef broth (low-sodium for me)
  • 1 package of onion soup mix (generic rocks)
  • 1/2 cup of soy sauce (Kikkoman)
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
Throw everything in the slow cooker on HIGH for 6 hours. Move the beef to a bowl and shred it with a fork; put the shredded beef on a roll.  Strain the little onion bits out of the broth, and make bowls of au jus for dipping. My hubby recommends a slice of cheese on the sandwich, but I can go either way. Tres delish, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment